Making a Gen One here is pretty easy.
A Custom can have a Background added, something their kids at this time just can't have. Hey, Gen Ones get to be special right :)
1. Go to Make a Custom and purchase the raw Base. Depending on the species and the variety, the cost may be low or even free, or pretty costly.
2. Customs get across the board 25 to start for Skill, Charisma, Show and Value.
3. After you get your raw Base, go to the Bases shop for your Felis, unless you want to keep them as is. Choose a pretty Base and purchase it. Go to My Stuff (inventory) and apply it to the correct Felis.
4. Then add Markings from the appropriate Markings Shop for that type.
**Be aware of the slot each Marking takes, because they will bump the one presently there if you add a new one to the same slot.
There are currently 5 Marking slots available.
Be very careful when you choose a Base or a Marking, that you have the correct type of Felis!
5. There you go, your Custom is done!! You may always go back and purchase a new Base, or Markings. You aren't trapped in how your Gen One looks!